Monday, August 01, 2005

Laid Back

I recently realized I am one of the most laid back people I know.

Not saying I don't have my moments of spaz or panic. They're usually short bursts of energy that result in frenzied activity and/or behavior. (And usually connected with my work as an author!)

But I'm usually pretty even-keeled and very slow to anger. I figure if something won't really matter a year from now, why freak over it? And as people around me begin to panic, I become more & more calm. No need for everyone to lose their heads! (And if I can't get full & solo credit for the spaz-out, why bother?)

At any rate, I tend to have a better time than most because I'm always in a good mood. And there's a lot to be said for that!

The first and best victory is to conquer self.
- Plato

No comments: