Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not All Authors Are Odd!

Recently I realized that I am just a little too normal to be an author!
But not all of us are odd! The weirdest thing about me is that I am a vegan - a complete vegetarian. Plus I am a bit optimistic. That is definitely not a standard author trait, though.
But relating to our audience, and communicating with them, requires some normalcy! And I don't mean conforming to a standard normal - I mean no weird personality traits or habits. Good speaking skills are a must, as we find ourselves with an audience quite often. (And lousy speakers really stand out!) We need our fans & readers to feel comfortable with us, like they could be our friends...
None of my close friends are vegetarians, so I guess that's not a hindrance for me!

2 comments:

Terry Finley said...

Cool thoughts

Terry Finley

http://theterryfinleysite.blogspot.com/

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Well, hopefully there's some truth there!