Saturday, December 27, 2008

The After-Christmas Blahs!

Not really "blah"... just kinda the big sigh of it's all over...

Does anyone else feel a little down the next day? Must be the huge build-up all month long to one day, one event. Around our house, Christmas Eve is a big deal, too, so it's spread over two days. But it all seems so final in its ending the day after Christmas. I tend to feel that way the day after book signings or speaking engagements, too. The moment is so big and the emotions so high, it just drains one for a while...

It's also a down time in terms of activity as well. My last event was December 2nd and I have nothing scheduled until January 13th. (I do know one insane author who does dozens of signings in December, but I found that this is the WORST month for store appearances! People just want to get in, get the items on their list, and get the hell out of there!) At any rate, I've kinda gone into a cave at this point and will have to pry myself out after New Year's...

Anyone else feeling down in their cave?

No comments: