Friday, November 13, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different...

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay!"

Book news galore this week!

Marvin gives us some great self-editing tips: The Old Silly

Great places to discover new authors – excellent resource! The Writing Jungle

YA magazine seeks submissions: YA Books Central

Great interview with Suzanne Lieurance - Children's Author, Writing Coach and Radio Host: Mayra’s Secret Bookcase

Jane Kennedy had two great posts this week –  New Read or ReRead & Screenwriting

Kristi provides book bloggers with some fantastic advice: The Story Siren

Elizabeth Spann Craig's guest post about Twitter: Terry’s Place

A new book covering the history of real vampires: My Overstuffed Bookshelf

Registration now open for 2010! The Muse Online Writers Conference

Carolyn Howard-Johnson gives us ten publicity commandments:  Marketing Tips For Authors


* Spunky on the road *

Some days, I forget where I live...

14th 11 - 1 pm
Waldenbooks, Columbia, SC
(sadly, one of the stores that will close in January)

14th 2 - 4 pm
Waldenbooks, Sumter, SC

17th 3 - 5 pm
Kingdom Resources Bookstore, Ahoskie, NC

17th 6 - 9 pm
Roanoke-Chowan CC, Ahoskie, NC
*seminar - How to Promote Your Book Now!

* Photo of the Day *

What I miss most about Albuquerque is the International Balloon Fiesta, the largest in the world. We went every year and I usually shot about eight rolls of film a day.
This shot was a once-in-a-lifetime experience! I was taking photos of this little balloon as they laid it out and began inflating. One of the men noticed me and gestured me forward. To my surprise, he allowed my husband and I to step inside the balloon through the slit and take photos from within. I was shooting B&W at the time, but even without color, the photo is still pretty wild!


18 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Thanks for the link to my post, Diane! And for giving me more links to check out.

Great picture of the balloon!

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Helen Ginger said...

I love the Albuquerque balloon festival. I've been a couple of times and it is so amazing.

Thanks for all the links!

Helen
Straight From Hel

Rowan said...

Love your Monty Python quotes. ;)
A book on real vampyres....sounds interesting.
Have a great weekend, dear!

Unknown said...

What an awesome picture! And how cool is that to have the opportunity to be inside as the balloon was being inflated! I can only imagine how thrilling that must have been for you!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

That's a great photo!

Creative Chronicler said...

What a fabulous experience & picture!!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Glad everyone likes the photo! Helen, that's wonderful you've seen the Fiesta live and Karen, youget to enjoy it every year.
Ashmodai, I think you would really dig that vampire book!

Tara McClendon said...

Thanks for all the links. I would love to go the Fiesta. And to go up in hot air balloon. One day. :] Have a great weekend.

The Old Silly said...

Great balloon shot. thanks for the shout out on my post and all the other good links, too. :)

Marvin D Wilson

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I always look forward to your Friday links. What a pleasant surprise to find two of my posts mentioned. Thank you.

Good luck with your book signings and seminar. I can see how you might forget where you live!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Always a pleasure, Jane!

Tara, I hope you get to go - it is wonderful!

Beth Blair said...

I love these roundup posts - keeps me in the loop when I haven't been able to myself.

Love the photo, too. I've always wanted to go to the ABQ Balloon Fiesta - one day.

~Sia McKye~ said...

I had heard of Muse, but didn't know much about it. So I enjoyed the info. I've heard of and read excerpts of The Frugal Promoter. She made sense and plays into the knowledge I've accumulated over the years. She's a savvy lady.

I envy you being able to step into the *world* of the balloon. We saw them all the time in California, but rarely do I see them here in Missouri.

Don't wear yourself out Diane.

Mayra Calvani said...

Seems like you tour is going great, Diane! :-)

Thanks for the plug, BTW!

Nancy J. Parra said...

Awesome picture! Thanks for sharing it and the great links. Be safe on the road and I hope you have many good sells!!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you everyone! Home now and happy to be so.

Mike Douglas said...

Great photo and links as always. I was especially interested in the real vampires (oh, that pesky Vlad) and "To Tweet or Not to Tweet." Speaking of Twitter, I found out that my account was hacked and some bogus DMs were sent under my name. If you get something about some dumb IQ test, it wasn't really from me. Don't click any links - I think that's how I got victimized.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Mike, I'd gotten a couple of those from other people - don't worry, I never click on links like that!

Yeah, I've got to pick up that book next weekend when I'm at my next signing...